Skip to main content

Ready for Spring



Though it's only February, it's already feeling like spring here in sunny, southern California.  That definitely isn't a complaint either; being from Hawai'i and living in Seattle for 8 years, I've longed for the warmer seasons and am definitely catching up on all that missed sunshine!

One of my favorite things about living in California is being able to wear pretty dresses year-round.  Which is really handy, as about 89% of my wardrobe are hoarded dresses due to many years of vintage (and vintage inspired) collecting, collaborating with companies and just being a dress lover in general.  That said, one of my most collected brands that I'll be featuring today is Trashy Diva.


I discovered Trashy Diva a few years back, when a beautifully constructed mid-century/atomic themed set of theirs caught my eye; I couldn't believe it was a reproduction! Since then, for many reasons, they've been a favorite. Not only do their 1940's-50's inspired novelty prints look completely genuine, I was especially drawn to the unique styling and quality of their material.  Their clothing is very easy to wear for everyday styles because it's so comfortable...yet, still looks so fabulous. Who knew those two words could co-exist?

The dress featured here is the Berry Chantilly Hopscotch dress - which is the perfect style for spring.  It embodies everything wonderful about mid-century fashion - the 1940's print is spot on, and the cut (hopscotch), more 1950's inspired, is a Trashy Diva cult-favorite.  In my opinion, it's flattering on every body type, and I love the cut of the peek-a-boo bust with the optional top clasp.  I took my usual size 4 in this style, and I love how the stretch rayon fabric perfectly hugs my curves.

...Did I mention that this dress has pockets?



As far as accessories go, I went with a simple daytime look that still compliments the style.  Though this dress could definitely be dressed up more with some heels, I opted for these comfy ballerina flats from Target, which were pretty perfect for a long day of walking and exploring with the family.

My vintage inspired cat-eye sunglasses were provided by DIFF eyewear, and I felt the white frames perfectly complimented the parasol and flower detail in this dress, really bringing out the "spring feel" of this outfit.



For my hair-style, I wanted to play with bangs without the commitment of cutting them again! So I used a clip-in piece and tied the look together with a green sheer vintage scarf and earrings.

My make-up look was my "classic" go to: I used the Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer eye palette with Tattoo Eyeliner in Trooper Black.  My lipstick is Urban Decay F-Bomb - a timeless shade of red with a bold and creamy finish.



Are there more looks you'd like to see here? Make sure to leave a comment below!

 Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, please be sure to subscribe for more updates!


Until next time...

Vivi
xo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Sweethearts

Hello, loves!  After much contemplation (procrastination?), I finally have a picture filled blog post, as promised!  If you follow me on Instagram , you'll know that I frequently do style/O.O.T.D. posts, however, I only showcase a couple of photos from a complete set.  Therefore, the purpose of this blog will be to provide much more content, as well as keep up with requested inquiries on look specifics and give more detailed feedback on each look.  It's been a long time coming and I'm excited to begin this project with you guys!  Since we are honing in on Valentine's Day, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to kick off with a themed post  - what better than a baby pink dress paired with complimentary ivory lingerie?  Whether you will be celebrating Valentine's Day with a loved one, friends or family, or by treating yourself (which I highly encourage), it cannot be denied that this is a perfect opportunity to dress up!  So let's ge

Autumn Glamour

Happy Halloween!  I know it's been a while since my last update, so I wanted to make sure to post just in time for the holiday. While I don't have a costume this year (I know...), you can probably tell by now that my wardrobe tends to be inspired by the change of each season. For today's blog post, I wanted to capture one of my favorite styles; a classic, dark noir look. The vintage dress I'm wearing is one of the most treasured pieces that I own, as it belonged to my lovely Great-Grandma Thelma Louise. Though I appreciate each season (we didn't really have them in Hawai'i), I'd have to say that autumn is one of my favorites. Obviously, fall in California is different to a lot of other states, in that the change is gradual and it's still pretty warm this time of year.  Though there's one noticeable difference, and that's literally the feeling in the air; the breeze suddenly feels more crisp and cool.  It's the perfect time to be

Bewitching Style

Happy October, lovelies.  The season of bewitching style... For today's blog, I am featuring my favorite lingerie brand, Secrets in Lace , in a picture-heavy post to show just how versatile their pieces can be. I am wearing the Angela Point D'Esprit Blouse over the Andrea Vintage Strapless Longline  bra.  I wear these pieces often, and they always receive endless compliments.  Also, as you may have already guessed, I am wearing a SIL garter belt and nylons; the  Intrigue Garter Belt  with the Dana Glamour heel  in beige (backseams are my favorite, and oh-so classic).  To change the look up and add even more Va-Va-Voom , I switched out the blouse for a vintage necklace to match my earrings, and faux leather opera length gloves to perfectly compliment my faux leather pencil skirt - you can actually find these on Amazon!  My heels are Louboutin "New Very Prive" and were a perfect pick for this elegant, vampy look. So let's talk a