Skip to main content

"Look" of the Irish


It's officially that time of year - when we are all just a wee bit more Irish. Whether you are Irish nationally, by heritage, or just an admirer of it's vast and rich culture, there's no doubt it's always good craic to partake in the celebration of St. Patrick's Day.

Though it's a fun excuse to dress up in every green garment one could possibly fathom (and get away with), there are many reasons this marks a special holiday.  I won't go into a history lesson on the Patron Saint of Ireland, though I will say that that the Emerald Isle is very near and dear to my heart. Having a dapper husband from Ireland helps, and sure, I've recently learned that I'm a quarter Irish myself, thanks to an Ancestry.com DNA test.  So there's that.

So let's get into the outfit details, since that is basically the reason I birthed this blog.  I'm wearing the Pinup Girl Clothing Harley Dress in Olive. This dress has become a personal repeat offender for St. Patrick's Day festivities over the years, and honestly, I'm okay with that. Unfortunately, this particular color has long since been sold out, but there's still a variety of classic colorways and now even tops available.  I love the versatility of this dress because it's appropriate as office wear but can be styled up for a night out.  The cut of it is extremely flattering on many body types, and any cailín can appreciate the belt that comes with it for that extra defined waistline. I do think my favorite detail of this dress though is the unique neckline. 

                       



As far as sizing goes, I went with my usual size small, as it runs very true to size.  It's recommended to wear a longline or strapless bra with this dress. 

To accessorize, I naturally had to color coordinate with a sheer chartreuse vintage hair scarf and clip-back beaded earrings. I love mixing modern and vintage pieces, especially when it all perfectly comes together.




My sunglasses are by DIFF eyewear, in the style Rose with gray lenses. They have been my go-to for spring inspired looks.

For makeup, I'm wearing the lipstain Tesoro by Stila; a beautiful shade of red with an orange undertone as a complimentary color to the outfit.



That's all for this week! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Whether you celebrate St. Paddy's (please take note: this is the correct way to abbreviate) or not, it's worth taking the time to learn about and appreciate this culture and it's amazing people as a whole. Even if that just means getting together for a couple of pints, decked in your green garb, eating your shepherd's pie and listening to some traditional Celtic music... well, that's a great start. 

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Vivi

xx








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Glamour

Happy Halloween!  I know it's been a while since my last update, so I wanted to make sure to post just in time for the holiday. While I don't have a costume this year (I know...), you can probably tell by now that my wardrobe tends to be inspired by the change of each season. For today's blog post, I wanted to capture one of my favorite styles; a classic, dark noir look. The vintage dress I'm wearing is one of the most treasured pieces that I own, as it belonged to my lovely Great-Grandma Thelma Louise. Though I appreciate each season (we didn't really have them in Hawai'i), I'd have to say that autumn is one of my favorites. Obviously, fall in California is different to a lot of other states, in that the change is gradual and it's still pretty warm this time of year.  Though there's one noticeable difference, and that's literally the feeling in the air; the breeze suddenly feels more crisp and cool.  It's the perfect time to be

For Sweethearts

Hello, loves!  After much contemplation (procrastination?), I finally have a picture filled blog post, as promised!  If you follow me on Instagram , you'll know that I frequently do style/O.O.T.D. posts, however, I only showcase a couple of photos from a complete set.  Therefore, the purpose of this blog will be to provide much more content, as well as keep up with requested inquiries on look specifics and give more detailed feedback on each look.  It's been a long time coming and I'm excited to begin this project with you guys!  Since we are honing in on Valentine's Day, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to kick off with a themed post  - what better than a baby pink dress paired with complimentary ivory lingerie?  Whether you will be celebrating Valentine's Day with a loved one, friends or family, or by treating yourself (which I highly encourage), it cannot be denied that this is a perfect opportunity to dress up!  So let's ge

Bewitching Style

Happy October, lovelies.  The season of bewitching style... For today's blog, I am featuring my favorite lingerie brand, Secrets in Lace , in a picture-heavy post to show just how versatile their pieces can be. I am wearing the Angela Point D'Esprit Blouse over the Andrea Vintage Strapless Longline  bra.  I wear these pieces often, and they always receive endless compliments.  Also, as you may have already guessed, I am wearing a SIL garter belt and nylons; the  Intrigue Garter Belt  with the Dana Glamour heel  in beige (backseams are my favorite, and oh-so classic).  To change the look up and add even more Va-Va-Voom , I switched out the blouse for a vintage necklace to match my earrings, and faux leather opera length gloves to perfectly compliment my faux leather pencil skirt - you can actually find these on Amazon!  My heels are Louboutin "New Very Prive" and were a perfect pick for this elegant, vampy look. So let's talk a