Skip to main content

Summertime


Ah, summertime... when the days are longer, and the vibe is more care-free.  It's the perfect time to bring out those lightweight frocks and store away the layers (in Southern California, anyway).  The obvious dress choices would be bright, fun florals and patterns... however, I wanted to change it up and go for a more neutral summer look for this post.



I opted for this wonderful curve-hugging classic by Stop Staring Clothing - the Billion Dollar Baby Dress in tan and black dots.  I can confidently state that I own this style of dress more than any other, and for me, it's a no brainer as to why.  It's classic, chic, and comfortable... hugs your body in just the right way, keeping a bit of modesty while simultaneously showing off your best assets... truly a must own for every lady, no matter your shape or size.

Fun fact:  I used to really dislike polka dot anything... I felt it was very cliche and obvious, especially in the rockabilly/vintage world where it was so commonplace.  However, over the years I found myself drawn more and more to dotted pieces.  I started to notice a very elegant way of wearing them, a way that really captures a true vintage look.  I guess you can say, I finally see the light... or spots, and now they have become another staple to my wardrobe.  
 If there's a dress that can visually summarize my sentiments above... this is it.



This dress deserves only the best accessories - such as classic back-seamed pantyhose and sheer gloves by Secrets in Lace.  Secrets in Lace make true vintage 100% nylons; one of the only brands left in the world who manufacture these in an original factory setting.  The quality and aesthetic appeal speak for themselves... and anyone who has worn these know the feel is impeccable, especially when compared to cheaply made immitations.


Dress:  Stop Staring! Clothing
Pantyhose and gloves:  Secrets in Lace
Hat: Birds and Fresia
Heels: Louboutin
Purse: Chanel
Earrings: Vintage



Until next time...


Xo

Vivi




Comments

  1. The polka dots are so whimsical. Love it paired with the gloves and hat! The bold red lip is just the right pop of color too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same about polka dots! Thank you so much, and for taking the time to read and comment <3

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're beautiful Vivi! ❤️ Lovely vintage outfit doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you for the sweet comment, and taking the time to view my blog <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Glamour

Happy Halloween!  I know it's been a while since my last update, so I wanted to make sure to post just in time for the holiday. While I don't have a costume this year (I know...), you can probably tell by now that my wardrobe tends to be inspired by the change of each season. For today's blog post, I wanted to capture one of my favorite styles; a classic, dark noir look. The vintage dress I'm wearing is one of the most treasured pieces that I own, as it belonged to my lovely Great-Grandma Thelma Louise. Though I appreciate each season (we didn't really have them in Hawai'i), I'd have to say that autumn is one of my favorites. Obviously, fall in California is different to a lot of other states, in that the change is gradual and it's still pretty warm this time of year.  Though there's one noticeable difference, and that's literally the feeling in the air; the breeze suddenly feels more crisp and cool.  It's the perfect time to be

Bewitching Style

Happy October, lovelies.  The season of bewitching style... For today's blog, I am featuring my favorite lingerie brand, Secrets in Lace , in a picture-heavy post to show just how versatile their pieces can be. I am wearing the Angela Point D'Esprit Blouse over the Andrea Vintage Strapless Longline  bra.  I wear these pieces often, and they always receive endless compliments.  Also, as you may have already guessed, I am wearing a SIL garter belt and nylons; the  Intrigue Garter Belt  with the Dana Glamour heel  in beige (backseams are my favorite, and oh-so classic).  To change the look up and add even more Va-Va-Voom , I switched out the blouse for a vintage necklace to match my earrings, and faux leather opera length gloves to perfectly compliment my faux leather pencil skirt - you can actually find these on Amazon!  My heels are Louboutin "New Very Prive" and were a perfect pick for this elegant, vampy look. So let's talk a

For Sweethearts

Hello, loves!  After much contemplation (procrastination?), I finally have a picture filled blog post, as promised!  If you follow me on Instagram , you'll know that I frequently do style/O.O.T.D. posts, however, I only showcase a couple of photos from a complete set.  Therefore, the purpose of this blog will be to provide much more content, as well as keep up with requested inquiries on look specifics and give more detailed feedback on each look.  It's been a long time coming and I'm excited to begin this project with you guys!  Since we are honing in on Valentine's Day, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to kick off with a themed post  - what better than a baby pink dress paired with complimentary ivory lingerie?  Whether you will be celebrating Valentine's Day with a loved one, friends or family, or by treating yourself (which I highly encourage), it cannot be denied that this is a perfect opportunity to dress up!  So let's ge