Skip to main content

Little Red Dress



This summer flew by, and I'll be the first to admit that I've been guilty of neglecting this blog.  Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!

I wanted to jump right into a transitional summer-to-autumn look. Then again, this outfit can work any time of year, really.  Today I will be showcasing two of my [obvious] favorite brands - Stop Staring Clothing and Secrets in Lace.





Who doesn't love a good wiggle dress?  Every gal needs one in her closet... in every color.  This particular Stop Staring dress is definitely tops in my book, and it's appropriately named the Million Dollar Baby Dress.  I've always been a sucker for clothing that hugs my body and flaunts my curves; this not only does that, but also has great stretch for a very comfortable fit.  I especially love the wrap-twist bust line to really put the, er... "girls" on display... in a way that is very "va-va-voom",  yet remains classy.  The spaghetti straps provide adequate support for your chest, should you choose to go sans-bra like myself, though a good strapless or longline bra would be best with this style.  

The gathers in this dress are great for camouflaging shape-wear  (I notice these things as a lover of garters, nylons and the occasional corset), and also for concealing any "insecurities", should you have any (if so, we will work on that next.)  I will say with full confidence... no matter what your shape or size, this dress is ultra-flattering and it WILL make you feel like an absolute bombshell who loves  her body.




Now, let's talk nylons and lingerie!  You can't see my garter belt here, but I actually matched it with the Secrets in Lace Leopard garter belt (I will be posting a few live videos on my instagram and Facebook page later showcasing these.)  These 100% nylons are part of the Secrets in Lace Signature RHT line.  I adore the contrast of the red welt to compliment my dress, which makes for the perfect nylon flash.  These nylons feel very silky and smooth against my skin; they are ultra sheer but don't feel flimsy.  

Secrets in Lace produce only high-quality, authentic vintage nylons (fun fact: their factory is one of the only two remaining vintage stocking factories in the world.)  SIL carry an impressive range of colors and styles to suit any outfit imaginable.  If you want that pristine, elegant, timeless look... these are the nylons for you.




The rest of my outfit accessories are true vintage.  My leopard hat and clutch set were a gift from my Mom, and my sheer black gloves once belonged to my beautifully stylish Grandma June.

That concludes this post!  Stay tuned for a whole lot more in the month of September.  As usual, feel free to leave a comment below and keep up with me on social media accounts:

Instagram: @ViviLouisePinup
Facebook: @ViviLouisePinup


Thanks for reading!


Xo,

Vivi






Comments

  1. You are more than beautiful Ms. Vivi Louise. I enjoy Pin-up dolls & the look is smashing on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Glamour

Happy Halloween!  I know it's been a while since my last update, so I wanted to make sure to post just in time for the holiday. While I don't have a costume this year (I know...), you can probably tell by now that my wardrobe tends to be inspired by the change of each season. For today's blog post, I wanted to capture one of my favorite styles; a classic, dark noir look. The vintage dress I'm wearing is one of the most treasured pieces that I own, as it belonged to my lovely Great-Grandma Thelma Louise. Though I appreciate each season (we didn't really have them in Hawai'i), I'd have to say that autumn is one of my favorites. Obviously, fall in California is different to a lot of other states, in that the change is gradual and it's still pretty warm this time of year.  Though there's one noticeable difference, and that's literally the feeling in the air; the breeze suddenly feels more crisp and cool.  It's the perfect time to be

For Sweethearts

Hello, loves!  After much contemplation (procrastination?), I finally have a picture filled blog post, as promised!  If you follow me on Instagram , you'll know that I frequently do style/O.O.T.D. posts, however, I only showcase a couple of photos from a complete set.  Therefore, the purpose of this blog will be to provide much more content, as well as keep up with requested inquiries on look specifics and give more detailed feedback on each look.  It's been a long time coming and I'm excited to begin this project with you guys!  Since we are honing in on Valentine's Day, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to kick off with a themed post  - what better than a baby pink dress paired with complimentary ivory lingerie?  Whether you will be celebrating Valentine's Day with a loved one, friends or family, or by treating yourself (which I highly encourage), it cannot be denied that this is a perfect opportunity to dress up!  So let's ge

Bewitching Style

Happy October, lovelies.  The season of bewitching style... For today's blog, I am featuring my favorite lingerie brand, Secrets in Lace , in a picture-heavy post to show just how versatile their pieces can be. I am wearing the Angela Point D'Esprit Blouse over the Andrea Vintage Strapless Longline  bra.  I wear these pieces often, and they always receive endless compliments.  Also, as you may have already guessed, I am wearing a SIL garter belt and nylons; the  Intrigue Garter Belt  with the Dana Glamour heel  in beige (backseams are my favorite, and oh-so classic).  To change the look up and add even more Va-Va-Voom , I switched out the blouse for a vintage necklace to match my earrings, and faux leather opera length gloves to perfectly compliment my faux leather pencil skirt - you can actually find these on Amazon!  My heels are Louboutin "New Very Prive" and were a perfect pick for this elegant, vampy look. So let's talk a